References to published papers that show how cannabis and CBD (cannabidiol) effects Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive Cannabis constituent, protects against myocardial ischemic reperfusion injury.
- Cannabidiol prevents infarction via the non-CB1 cannabinoid receptor mechanism.
- Cannabidiol prevents cerebral infarction via a serotonergic 5-hydroxytryptamine1A receptor-dependent mechanism.
- Cannabidiol administration after hypoxia-ischemia to newborn rats reduces long-term brain injury and restores neurobehavioral function.
- Protective effects of cannabidiol against hippocampal cell death and cognitive impairment induced by bilateral common carotid artery occlusion in mice.
- Repeated treatment with cannabidiol but not Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol has a neuroprotective effect without the development of tolerance.
- Cannabidiol reduces brain damage and improves functional recovery in a neonatal rat model of arterial ischemic stroke.